Anastasia Contour Kit Review

Happy Friday Lovelies! So I recently purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit and I guess you can say I am finally hopping on the bandwagon. As of lately, contouring and highlighting has become a huge deal in the beauty industry. Although, the concept has been around for a while the hype that has been created from dozens of celebrities and YouTube beauty gurus is insane. Since I am now only being introduced to this world of bronzers and highlighters, I felt that purchasing this palette provided me with all the products I need in one compartment.


Contouring can be used to slim your face, narrow your nose, defining your cheekbones, etc... The key to contouring is using the proper brushes I have linked below in order to blend out the product perfectly. My biggest concern stepping into the world of contouring was that it would look too fake on my fair skin. However, this is not a problem when I blend out all the products to give me a natural professional makeup look. I love that the pigmentation on this product is amazing although it is powdered.

After researching a while on which contouring palette to purchase, I am so glad I bought this one. It is great for beginners because it gives build-able coverage and is very versatile to fit your skin color. A huge perk to this palette is definitely that it is refillable unlike other contouring kits in the market, that is probably what sold me on it! Instead of having to spend $40 or more on a new palette when one of your favorite shades runs out, you can simply purchase them individually and save so much money (hello who doesn't love saving money)! Some people may feel that the quantity of product that comes in this palette is not enough, but for someone like me, I feel that it is the perfect amount given that I'll mostly utilize it when I am going out or to a special event.
The shades I purchased it in is Light to Medium but it also comes in a Medium to Tan palette or you can customize your own to your liking.
Top Left to Right Shades: Sand, Vanilla, Banana. Bottom Left to Right: Java, Fawn, Havana.
These swatches and the lighting do not give justice to how pretty they look in person, you need to give them a try!
From left to right: Sand, Vanilla, Banana, Java, Fawn, Havana.

If you're a beginner like me, I know you'll appreciate these little cheat sheets with step by step indications on where to highlight and where to contour.




Overall, there aren't enough good things I can say about this product, I don't know why I hadn't purchased it sooner. I am amazed at what a difference contouring your face can make to your makeup look. Leave your comments down below if this is one of your favorite palettes as well or which one you're currently loving!
P.S: How cute is this little frame! You can purchase many other similar ones here.

Thanks for stopping by,
Ivette


SHOP THE POST:

18 comments:

  1. Great review! I am very novice in contouring as well. I only use a bronzer, the "warmth" bare minerals powder. Thanks for the awesome tips and product recommendation!

    xo.

    http://apeachysonder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! I'm still a beginner as well, practice will definitely do the trick! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes I've been eyeing this product for the longest! Great review!
    xo

    Gal and the City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! <3 You won't regret purchasing it!

      Delete
  3. Love the review, been debating rather I want this or not for a while!!!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try, it is awesome! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely review! Fantastic face chart as well!

    Made in Mauve // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this extensive review! I've been meaning to check out this kit.

    xo | The Fashion Forecast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it once you try it out, it is amazing!
      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried this kit, but I have used Anastasia products in the past. I love them!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their formula is amazing, you have to try this one out! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  7. This is great! Thanks so much for sharing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anastasia is a god when it comes to face contouring, whether is brows or makeup so perfect! Thanks for sharing your experience with the kit!

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anastasia really changed things with that contour kit. They were pretty much the frontrunners to do a kit, and now they're everywhere. I haven't purchased one yet, but I've been debating between a customized Anastasia kit, or Kat Von D's shade and light kit. I've heard really great reviews on that one as well.

    Z · JPOTTER

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love me some bronzer, but I have never tried full on contouring! I really like the idea of a re-fillable palette - that's genius!
    xx
    Here&Now
    Enter to win a Chloe + Isabel earring/necklace set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review post!! Sounds like a great palette!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete