Prom Makeover

Here's a prom look I did for my gorgeous cousin Sabrina for her 8th grade prom yesterday. I didn't want to overdo her makeup and went for a softer natural glam given that she's only in middle school and is naturally beautiful. Hope you enjoy!

P.S: No I didn't apply any falsies, those are her super long natural lashes.. I am honestly so obsessed with them.
Isn't this dress so fabulous! It has the perfect elegant touch to it with the right amount of bling. Here's the same dress from Dillard's to purchase online or at your local store.

Below I've posted all the makeup products I used for her entire look and tips on how I applied them. Leave your comments down below if you've tried any of these products and love them just as much!
To start off, with any makeup look it is crucial you apply a primer whether drugstore or high-end. The purpose of primers is to minimize pores and create a base coat on your face so that the foundation is not applied directly on your pores. For her look I decided to use the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and Brightening & Tightening Primer Potion. I have found that these two brands are best applied with your fingers and really a little goes a long way. One other advantage of applying a primer before any makeup is to make sure that there is no fall out in the eyeshadow or foundation and makes the makeup last for hours.

The foundation and concealer I used on her were both from Urban Decay's Weightless line. Given that it is a liquid formula it applies very smoothly on your face and doesn't feel cakey at all. In my opinion, the best way to apply both the concealer and foundation is with the Beauty Blender. I used to always apply them with a foundation brush but noticed that there would be streaks at times. Once I used the Beauty Blender for the first time I have not picked up a foundation brush again because it allows for the foundation and concealer to be applied without any creases or streaks. This brand is so long wearing that she came back from dancing after four hours and her foundation was still looking flawless!
The Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara honestly works wonders. It specifically lengthens and curls the eyelashes while providing maximum volume. Although this is a little on the pricey side, it definitely does the price justice without clumping the lashes and looking fake. The only eyeliner I used on her waterline and one of my favorites was the Rimmel London Scandaleyes WaterProof Eyeliner in Black.
The Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Pressed Finishing Powder has been a recent discovery of mine that I now can't live without it! I used this powder as the finishing product in her look to set everything together. I applied this powder with an EcoTools Bamboo Powder Brush that is literally one of the softest brushes I have ever felt. I am not a huge fan of colored powder so you can imagine my excitement once I found out about this transparent powder than blends well with any skin color. Another great perk of this product is that it leaves your skin with a matte finish and prevents any oils to surface through the makeup and become shiny (definitely not cute for pictures).
For her lips, I first lined them with this Sephora Retractable WaterProof Lip Liner in the color Rose and as the lipstick I used Lolita from Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. I have been eyeing this lipstick for months since it has been sold out for such a long time already. My aunt was one of the lucky ones to grab it when it first launched. When using darker shades of lipsticks it is important to line your lips with a lipliner before in order to shade your lips perfectly without allowing the lipstick to create any smudges. What I love most about the Kat Von D lipstick collection is that although it is liquid it does not feel sticky like a gloss instead, it dries quickly and leaves a matte lip.
To create her eyeshadow look I used the Sephora Classic Crease Shadow Brush to apply some of these darker shades on the outer corner and crease of her eye. From The Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette (on the left) I used the color Wanderer to apply to the outer corner of her eye and create a darker shadow. This palette is amazing because not only does it bring a variety of different shades it leaves a matte finish to the eye. The palette on the right also from Tarte was limited edition since it was released during the Holidays last year. From this palette I used some of the neutral earth tones in the second column. This palette providing a combination of matte and shimmery tones is perfect to create an endless amount of eye looks.
Lately, I have been obsessed with this Sephora Moonshadow Baked Pallete in the shade Nude that I used to apply to the base of her eye. They leave a sparkly finish with little fall out of glitter in comparison to other loose glitter eyeshadows. It's best to first finish the eye makeup before moving on to the face just in case the eyeshadow leaves any residue that'll be much harder to clean once foundation is already applied. I used the Sephora Classic Precision Powder Shadow Brush for precisely shading and blending in these glitter tones.
This gorgeous collection blush palette from Tarte also came out last year during the Holidays so is no longer online at Sephora. It really was a great deal given that it brings a variety of 5 different shades of gorgeous blushes for different makeup looks. For her makeup look I used the 3rd blush with an EcoTools Tapered Blush Brush on the apples of her cheeks blending towards her hairline. Since I did not contour her face because she wanted a more natural look the blush was the final product I applied to finish her natural rosy look. Below I have added a similar blush palette from Smashbox that brings many colors like this one.

Thanks for stopping by,
Ivette


SHOP THE POST:

8 comments:

  1. The makeup look came out looking fabulous! Love that you kept it simple but yet elegant for a young girl! I will need to get my hands on that mascara and all the makeup products you used!
    Quick question do you recommend the foundation for people with oily skin?

    xo,
    Gal and the City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, she loved the glam look she looked like a princess! The Urban Decay Naked line works well for normal to oily skins since it leaves a natural semi-matte finish. I do recommend using a pressed powder after the foundation like the one I showed from Tarte or your personal fave in order to keep your face from creating any oils throughout the day/night.

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful, hope you had such an amazing night!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she looked absolutely gorgeous and definitely enjoyed the night with her friends. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. The makeup looks amazing, so natural but yet sophisticated, the dress is gourgeous as well. Love the products that you chose, I use some of them myself. But my all time favorite is the Lolita lip stain. Love your Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looked beautiful, it was the perfect amount of makeup to not overdo it. Thanks for reading!

      Delete